Sunday, December 28, 2008

Absence Makes The Heart Grow...Colder?

Raise your hand if you've been in a long distance relationship.
-raises hand-
Now, raise your hand if you believe long distance relationships CAN work.
-raises hand-
Why do people feel like they can't? I mean I know that the normal relationship is hard enough, without adding having to schedule in trips to see somebody but if you feel like he/she is really worth it, why not? Especially if we're talking about neighboring city long distance relationships. I've been in a few long distance relationships...one a Dayton/Cincinnati, one a Dayton/Toledo, && one a Texas/Ohio [[I know, Texas is far as the feezy right?]]. Now, none of them failed because of the distance per say, but inevitably it was probably a factor. Two of the afore mentioned gentlemen cheated on me. [[I love when people think that I'm not gonna find out because you live in a different city/state. You don't know who I know. Believe me, I'll find out. Every time.]] And the 3rd...well he's just selfish. Imagine this. You've been dating for over a year and half. You only stayed in the same city for about 4 months of this whole relationship mind you, even though you had plans on coming back. Once you decided you weren't going back, it was already past a year into the relationship. But all of the sudden the relationship isn't working? I know you had your heart set on us being together in the same city, but if what we have right now is working, and our relationship is still solid, intracity or not, why would you be willing to throw all of that away? I need to do whats best for me. If you can't support me trying to better myself, then do you really love me like you say you do? I supported you when you had a war with your parents and got your silly ass kicked out on the streets...I even found you a place to stay! You say you wanna marry me, but you can't work through another year or so of staying 45-50 minutes away from me? I don't understand. You've already BEEN doing this. So why stop now?
Maybe its because people throw the word "love" around too loosely. I may be 20 but I know how I feel and I know if I'm in love with you or not. I was never that girl "in lust" with someone new every week. If I'm with you, I'm with you and I'm ridin for you. It is what it is. If you're mad because you thought we were gonna be living together, then you need to re-evaluate things brotha. Shoot, cuz if I ever shacked up before I graduated, my parents would surely stop paying my tuition, and I'm cool on that! hahaha. No seriously tho. I mean, if you are only staying an hour away, and you truely love this person, wouldn't you just keep on working it out like you have been for the past year and some? Maybe I just love too hard. I guess thats why the relationship failed.....Until next time.

2 comments:

Mr. Gwumpeeh!® said...

Oh lord.

LDRs can work but it takes both parties to be 100% committed to the relationship. See with me, I don't deal with local chicks because they just don't do anything for me. They end up being on some bullshit and that ain't me. But I've had my share of up and down LDRs but in the end it's all about love. Right? Riiiigghht.

awfultruth said...

hmmmm to me it sounds like this long distance relationship wasnt too long ago...wanna tell me sumthing? see thats the type of stuff that i dnt like is that u still be talkin to these dudes that be feelin this way towards you i know there ur "friends" but those dudes im sure still wanna be with you and iuno how they act around u when yall alone but i dnt think i would approve...but i guess it is what it is....