Sunday, December 21, 2008

Why Can't We Be Friends?

Personally, I keep very few females in my inner circle. They are grimey, drama-ridden, etc etc etc. So with that, I have a lot of male friends. It's something I bring to the attention of any man that tries to get at me, at the beginning of the courtship. If you can't handle that, then we can't be together. The guys in my life that I say are just friends, are exactly that, just friends. So why is it that people think men and women can't be friends? Why can't I be friends with my ex? He is my past [[PAST]] and the romantic part of our relationship is done and over. There are obviously qualities about him that I liked since I dated him, so if we ended on good terms, why wouldn't I want to remain friends? And why, as my boyfriend, should that bother you? If I put everything out in the open why do you have anything to be worried about? If there are no signs that its anything more than a friendship, what does it matter?

Is it your personal insecurities that make you wary of the other gentleman in my life? Do you not trust me? Or is that you don't trust them....? I always say that if you don't trust them, you don't trust me. I trust them because I'm friends with them, and I feel like they respect our relationship, so that should be enough for you. As a man, do you want to get at every female in your life? And if you did think she was bad when you 1st met her, and you found out she was just cool as hell, you left at that right? So why can't it be the same thing for me?

I just prefer to kick it with men because for the most part they are so laid back. The ones I keep in my life are spectacular and they keep me laughing when I'm sad. They put a finger under my chin and lift my head up when I'm disappointed. They are there to listen when whoever I'm dating pisses me off. Personally, I'm a nigga at heart sometimes. Me and my best friend have always said that about ourselves, especially because we were dummy tomboys in our younger years. We run, hang, and cut people up with the best of them. So I like to be around people who are on my level, and that just happens to be dudes for the most part. I like to get their opinion on things and their perspectives on whats happening with whomever or whatever. Is that a crime? Apparently.

1 comment:

Mr. Gwumpeeh!® said...

I'm saying though, you hit the nail on the head with this one. I've had this problem a lot. Like if I am cool with females, then I'll get the questions: Which ones you used to date and which ones you slept with? I'm like geez take it easy.

Just certain ones understand the person that I am and that's why I keep them around.