Sunday, December 14, 2008

Not like you..just like ME



Soooo Jamie Foxx's new song "Just Like Me". Catchy lil tune. I can dig it. But it made me think. I say this all conceitedness aside, the few females I choose to keep around me are bad, and I know that. Listening to this song, just the chorus alone, made me think of my ladies.

You’re just like me
Shorty all up in the club
Popping bottles of that Bud
Giving all them dudes hugs

That last line especially. I mean I can't even count how many times we've gotten mugged because we gave some nigga in the club a hug, like back back lady it ain't even that serious. But I'm sayin all that to say this...to the men in my life...could you REALLY handle a female who's just like you? I mean, men hold women to double standards a lot, and don't even realize it. It's ok for you to look at that chick's ass as she walks by but if I smile at a dude you get mad? No, no my brotha! Me && my girl Champ were havin a convo once about men in our lives who are friends, and they act JUST alike relationship wise. Their problem is that dudes try to get at us all the time and they don't like it, as if we can help that. Her friend went as far to tell her that she's boring, not that bad, and her swag is lame. But he's gettin all emotional on her, mad at her, and STILL tryin to wife her. Why would you get mad if dudes are tryin to get at your girl, as long as it doesn't escalate? Wouldn't you want a bad chick? I mean seriously though, if you think I'm cute, that means someone else will. Its not as if I walk around with a sign on my forehead sayin "get at me!!!" At the same time, females are just as thirsty as dudes these days and try to get at dudes whether they have a girl or not. So I'm gonna get mad because a female thought you were fine, or liked your swag? I KNOW you're fine and I KNOW you have a raw swag cuz I'm with you, talking to you, whatever the case may be. However, if you knew I was in the club or wherever talkin to dudes the way you talk to females when I'm not around would you be ok with that? If I flash "that" smile at a dude the way you drop a line to a chick, would you really be able to handle that? How many men are really ready to handle a chick with game, word swag I like to call it, cuz I don't play games. And with that.....Until next time.

3 comments:

Mr. Gwumpeeh!® said...

I can't really speak on this..lol But if you got game then you got game. Plain and simple.

Miss Shani said...

lol thanks for your insightful comment brother. I love you so much.

Anonymous said...

all im sayen is that we know wats up but we dnt like it and we dnt have to like it....just how it is...its just the same feeling we get when u see a chick talkin to us thats all it is...