Friday, January 16, 2009

Broke My Heart

She plays the game with some of the best.
For the perfect woman, this is where it ends, your quest.
But inside she holds a major secret.
Everytime you come around, her heart, it beats quick.
She's a normal chick who just wants to be held at night.
But you're not there so inside its a fight.
Tee Kay Oh, she's about to be down in the 1st round.
He's callin, texting, and in the city so to happen its bound.
You and me weren't official, we decided to wait.
He saw the "single" so he dropped the bait.
It was never sposed to be for too long, it was just for right now.
My feelings involved? Nah, that I could never allow.
But with him I continued to be.
You weren't in the picture and you secretly had your own she.
But she....she could never compare.
The style, the swag, the "it" just wasn't there.
In a shorter time than we planned, back to me you came.
It's all good and dandy, but Mr. Right Now yet remained.
I should have cut it off but my feelings were now playing a part.
The day you both stayed around was the day I broke my own heart.

1 comment:

Mr. Gwumpeeh!® said...

That was a moving poem.

I hope that you learned from this.